2012 Annual Convention & Exhibition
June 24-27, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Registration Information | Hotel/Travel Information | Exhibitor/Sponsor Information
When planning your trip to Las Vegas, please keep in mind the following events:
- Saturday, June 23
- 8:00 a.m.: YAHU Golf Tournament—open to all convention attendees
- 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Soaring Eagle Symposium (reception to follow)
- Sunday, June 24
- 8:00 - 11:30 a.m.: Continuation of Soaring Eagle Symposium
- 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.: Leadership forums for chapter officers—all chapter officers and leaders should plan to attend
Who Needs to Attend What?
We frequently hear questions about who needs to attend which pre-convention sessions.
On Sunday morning, from 8:30 - 10:00 a.m., we will be holding leadership forums for incoming chapter officers. (No refreshments will be available, so be sure to eat breakfast or grab a cup of coffee before the meeting starts.) These concurrent sessions are the open forums where officers get together to learn the basics about their responsibilities and duties as well as ask questions and have open discussions about whatever issue they feel is important. All local and state chapter leaders and incoming officers need to attend these sessions.
Forums will be held for:
- Incoming chapter presidents (Professional Development will be covered in this session.)
- Membership/retention chairs
- Legislative/HUPAC chairs (Media Relations will be covered in this session)
- Applying for NAHU awards
Chapter management educational breakouts will be presented on Sunday from 12:45 - 2:15 p.m. (No refreshments will be provided, so be sure to eat lunch before the sessions start.) These sessions were developed by the Chapter Relations Committee, and previously were held at the same time as the educational breakout sessions. Due to attendee feedback, we are holding these on a different day so that they do not compete with the Professional Development CE sessions. Attendance is open to all convention registrants. Anyone who is involved in state or local chapter leadership/management should attend one of these concurrent sessions.
- Back to Basics: The Fundamentals of Running a Chapter
- Time Management: Balancing Your Business and NAHU Too
- Volunteer Recruitment: Sharing Best Practices
- Membership: Communicating the Value of NAHU
- MEDIA: How To Create and Deliver An Effective Presentation on Healthcare Reform
- Please note that this agenda is subject to change.
Professional Development Day
Breakout Session Tracks
On Monday, we are presenting our Professional Development program designed specifically for benefits professionals. Tracks include:
to access the Professional Development powerpoints.
We have a variety of workshops that will help you grow and adapt your business. All eligible workshops will be filed for CE in all 50 states. We debuted the Speed CE pass at last year's convention with great success, and will be using it again this year. The Speed CE pass allows agents to electronically sign in and out of convention education classes. It requires that you pre-register with InsuranceStudy in the convention registration area before classes begin Monday, June 25. When pre-registering, you will be required to provide your contact information, licensing information, and a signature showing that you understand this pass will constitute your electronic signature for the purpose of attendance at these workshops. You must present a photo ID at the time of registration and bring that same photo ID to each class along with the Speed CE pass that we issue to you.
YAHU will be hosting a golf tournament on Saturday, June 23, at 8:00 a.m. at the Las Vegas National Golf Club
to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Las Vegas. Click here
for information on being a sponsor. Questions? Contact Ross Honig
or Ashley Wynkoop
. YAHU will also be hosting a charity walk on Tuesday, June 26. Click here
for more information.