Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
COBRA and ACA
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides an alternative for employees who have a qualifying event, other than COBRA coverage. The ACA also requires new,
revised model COBRA notices for employers to use.
This document from HHS explains the options available to someone upon the loss of
Notice to Employees of Coverage Options
- Technical Release 2013-02 - Guidance on the notice to employees of coverage options under FLSA §18B and updated model election notice under COBRA
- Model notice for employers who offer a health plan to some or all employees
- Model notice for employers who do not offer a health plan
- COBRA model election notice
- COBRA model election notice redline version (to show May 2013 changes)
Lifetime Income Illustration
For more information, please contact Senior Director of Health Reform Compliance Pam Mitroff.
For specific compliance questions, requires NAHU membership, click here to login and ask your question.