Voluntary Worksite Certification—Online
Voluntary/Worksite products are not new to the employee benefit industry. However, the surge of interest in these products has accelerated in recent days as employers seek ways to help attract and retain talent. The industry has responded swiftly with new products, new features, new enrollment technologies and many changes to the underwriting rules of these products. This additional opportunity has created new responsibilities for agents, brokers and consultants as advising clients in this area will differentiate their value to the consumers they serve.
To address this evolving opportunity, NAHU has created a new three-hour Voluntary/Worksite Certification course. Completion of this course will ensure a strong technical knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to various types of voluntary/worksite products and proven methods for communicating those options to employers and employees in a compelling way.
- An overview of all the voluntary/worksite products that are available to employers
- Review the "why employers would consider voluntary/worksite over traditional ancillary
- Consider the market drivers of voluntary products at the worksite
- Provides a complete review of the underwriting rules and enrollment tools that are emerging
- Suggests enrollment and communication strategies and tactics
- Review the taxation issues associated with voluntary/worksite products
- Explain the HR/Administrative issues that employers need to know
- Involves class participants in breakout discussions on ways to implement with case studies
Registration Fees/Continuing Education Credits:
The cost of the Voluntary/Worksite Certification Course is $179 for members and $279 for non-members
, which includes online instruction
in three one-hour webinar modules, a final exam and continuing education credits
(status by state
). Upon completion, the student will
receive a certificate of completion as voluntary/worksite certified.
Course instruction will be delivered through NAHU's Online Learning Institute (OLI).
Exclusive Added Value for Members:
Promotion of each certified specialist through NAHU’s Find an Agent
for more information about the classroom Voluntary/Worksite Certification course.