Voluntary/Worksite Certification Course—Classroom
Voluntary/Worksite products are not new to the employee benefit industry. However, the surge of interest in these products has accelerated in recent days as employers seek ways to help attract and retain talent. The industry has responded swiftly with new products, new features, new enrollment technologies and many changes to the underwriting rules of these products. This additional opportunity has created new responsibilities for agents, brokers and consultants as advising clients in this area will differentiate their value to the consumers they serve.
To address this evolving opportunity, NAHU has created a new three-hour Voluntary/Worksite Certification course. Completion of this course will ensure a strong technical knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to various types of voluntary/worksite products and proven methods for communicating those options to employers and employees in a compelling way.
- An overview of all the voluntary/worksite products that are available to employers
- Review the "why employers would consider voluntary/worksite over traditional ancillary
- Consider the market drivers of voluntary products at the worksite
- Provides a complete review of the underwriting rules and enrollment tools that are emerging
- Suggests enrollment and communication strategies and tactics
- Review the taxation issues associated with voluntary/worksite products
- Explain the HR/Administrative issues that employers need to know
- Involves class participants in breakout discussions on ways to implement with case studies
Registration Fees/Continuing Education Credits:
The cost of this course is $175 for members and $275 for non-members
. Certification in Voluntary/Worksite expertise and continuing
education credits (status by state
) will be provided following completion of the
course and an online examination with a passing grade.
Calendar of Classroom Events
- April 13, 2017
Registration start time: 11:00 am; Program start time: 11:30 am; Program end time: 3:00 pm
Where: Mediterranean Villa, 1111 Wet N Wild Way, Arlington, Texas 76011
Click here to register.
- February 2014
Atlantic City, NJ
All registrations must be received within one week (7 days) of the scheduled class date. No late registrations will be accepted. No refunds will be issued after seven (7) days prior to the event. Transfers are allowed up to the day of the event.
If you are not a member of NAHU you must create an account. This can be done by clicking on the link of the class you wish to take and choosing the "create account" option located underneath the NAHU logo.
Click here for more information about the online
Voluntary/Worksite Certification course.