Training on Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans
Now Avaliable in English and Spanish
Based on a number of factors, including increased scrutiny of Medicare marketing
activities, CMS requirements and pressure from Congress, beneficiary groups,and
other stakeholders, AHIP's Center for Insurance Education and Professional Development
and NAHU have co-sponsored the online training program,
Marketing Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans: Understanding
Medicare Basics, Plan Options, and Marketing and Enrollment Requirements
This course is designed to strengthen agents', brokers' and health insurance plan
marketing staff’s ability to provide the information beneficiaries need to make the
decisions that are best for them. You'll learn the basics of Medicare
fee-for-service eligibility and benefits, the different types of Medicare Advantage
and Part D prescription drug plans, eligibility and coverage, and marketing and
enrollment requirements under the Medicare Advantage and Part D programs, including
requirements for Private Fee For Service (PFFS) plans.
Get started today with either our English
version of the online course.
Certification Clearinghouse for Producers and Employers
Plans which have adopted AHIP Medicare training
—List is being updated daily. You may also
contact the Center For Insurance Education and Professional Development
at (800) 509-4422.
Clearinghouse addresses the need for a plan to access information about producer training in two
ways – through a database of agents and brokers who have successfully completed the NAHU/AHIP Medicare
Training Program and a reporting site for plans. The system includes the following key features:
- Ability to capture agent and broker Medicare Training Program information in a centralized database:
- All producers who have completed NAHU/AHIP’s Medicare Training Program are automatically entered into the Clearinghouse
- Clearinghouse serves as a central repository for producers’ training completion information for both initial training and annual renewal training
- Ability for carriers to access reports on producer NAHU/AHIP Medicare Training Program completions through a secure, password-protected interface.
- Clearinghouse provides a single tool to access all training completions entered into the Clearinghouse– regardless of the plans from which the producer accessed the training
- Clearinghouse offers the ability to generate reports by state or by individual
- Clearinghouse offers plans access to copies of completion certificates for use in validating producers’ training completion
NAHU Members Receive Discounted Pricing on Career Enhancing Training
Did you know that as a NAHU member, you are entitled to preferred pricing on the
America's Health Insurance Plans' (AHIP)
Center for Insurance Education and Professional Development
full catalog of
educational programs? These health insurance training programs are designed to help
busy agents, brokers, consultants and benefits professionals sharpen their job
skills, keep current on the latest industry trends, and earn continuing education
To find out how you can receive NAHU's preferred pricing discounts on the Center's educational programs and products, download the registration instructions.